What data does the Illuminate / Censum as a Service Daemon send back?
NOTE: Censum as a Service is an illuminate module which can be run as a standalone service. References to Illuminate can be substituted for Censum as a Service if you’re only using that module.
This FAQ documents the information that gets sent back from the daemon to the reporting agent.
Basic hardware information
- CPU Model
- Attached PCI Devices
- Hard Disk Information
- Total amount of RAM and Swap Space
Performance Analysis Metrics
- Context Switch Counts
- Time spent in User/System/Idle
- Time spent reading and writing to disk
- Number of processes blocked and runnable
Information required in order to show results
- Execution Profiles, effectively stack traces with the amount of time spent in each method
- Aggregated Garbage Collection statistics, e.g. Percentage of time spent paused, longest pause time
- Machine Metrics for a specific problem, e.g. Amount of time spent writing to disk
- Information about what locks your program is contending on, e.g. What’s causing a deadlock